Monday, June 25, 2012

Heellloooo Summer……

  Hello Summer Tablescape

I’m glad you came, I’m glad you came!

IMG_7570 

I am a summer person.  Maybe it is because I grew up in the Fingers Lake area of New York State and summer usually only lasted one day, 4th of July!!  You still had to find some jeans and a sweatshirt once the sun went down.  How can you call that summer?

IMG_7565

Now I think you could call me a Floridian since I have been here on the Gulf Coast since 1977.  And I still love summer.  The hotter the better!! And I love all the citrus that we have available.  Even for centerpieces along with some palm fronds from the front yard.

IMG_7566

I picked up these palm salad plates a few months ago from the clearance table at Beall’s Outlet because they just screamed FLORIDA!!

IMG_7559


IMG_7567


IMG_7580



IMG_7568

Add a few shells and it is summer!! I had seen this idea of adding the shells to the lanterns at Pottery Barn and loved it!

IMG_7562

Don’t you just love the vibrant colors of the lemons, limes and oranges!

IMG_7581


IMG_7577

Chef Gar got into the spirit also and we celebrated the summer solstice in style!  Crab cakes and salad…just feels like summer, don’t you think??


IMG_7589

Dinner was outstanding.  So tasty, refreshing and healthy too!

IMG_7584

Local blue crabs with a light yogurt based sauce served over baby spring mix.  And a summer salad….

IMG_7586

But not just any salad!!  Watermelon, cherry tomatoes, slivers of red onions and a few chucks of feta cheese drizzled with a light vinaigrette. 

IMG_7585

Chef Gar can COOK!! We had a wonderful evening to celebrate the arrival of summer.  Hope your solstice was wonderful also!! 

IMG_7588
Till next time….Santé,Resources:
Green Woven Placemats: Old Time Pottery
White Napkins: Restaurant Style: Old Time Pottery
White Dinner Plates: Corning Pyroceram, The Corning Store
Palm Tree Salad Plates: Beall’s Outlet
Silverware: Twilight 1881 Rogers Stainless by Oneida
Wine Glasses: Gifts
 
This week I’ll be sharing with:
The Tablescaper Seasonal Sundays
Between Naps on the Porch's Metamorphosis Monday
Southern Hospitality's Thrifty Treasures Monday
Boogie Board Cottage's Masterpiece Monday
Coastal Charm's Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
A Stroll Through Life's Tabletop Tuesday
Cozy Home Scene's Your Cozy Home Tuesday
Cuisine Kathleen’s Let's Dish
Style Sister’s Centerpiece Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants' What's It Wednesday
Faded Charm's White Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style's Wow Us Wednesday
Between Naps on the Porch'sTablescape Thursday
No Minimalist Here's Open House Thursday
Shabby Creek Cottage's Transformation Thursday
French Country Cottage's Feather Your Nest Friday
My Romantic Home's Show and Tell Friday
At the Picket Fence's Inspiration Friday
The Charm of the Home's Home Sweet Home Friday

10 comments:

  1. Oops, I think I just drooled on my laptop. Gosh, that meal looks good! : ) I love the palm fronds with your new Florida plates. Tropicalicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurel! It was a fun one. And GarMan can cook! He does it all with a few exceptions. Glad you stopped by the bayou for a visit. Hope you come back soon. Never know what is happening in The Hood. Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your tropical tablescape. Gorgeous. How fun to use the palm leaves and your dishes are perfect. Beautifully done and that salad looks totally amazing. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Marty for stopping by The Hood. I love to find stuff in the yard for tablescapes. Gar is a great cook and the salad is one of my favorites. I am hoping when he retires inNovember he will start back,on his blog and share some of his awesome recipes. I think I take photos of about everything he cooks so we have a head start there! Come back to the bayou soon. Who knows what will be cooking . Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely table...right now I would love to have to be wearing jeans and a sweatshirt instead of sweating like a pig, it is a very humid 103° here on the prairie right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been many years since I experienced NY state summers. Give me the heat any day! LOL! Luckily living in Florida, when it is really hot we can always get in the water.

      Delete
  6. Oh, wow! Wow!!!!! Not only is the table a fabulous representative of summer, but the food....wow!!!!! It looks fantastic! It must really be nice to be able to go out in the yard and pick palm fronds and fragrant citrus fruit! Living in the Midwest does not provide such a luxury. :-( We can run up the street and collect all the cow patties we want, but lemons and limes are out of our reach! :-) Very well done, and my compliments to the chef! Have a wonderful weekend. Oh....and if you really like it hot, c'mon up here to the Kansas City, MO area. We are sweltering in 100+ degree temps!!! I never thought I'd see the day when we would be hotter here than in Florida!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alysia. I have lived tropical type climates forever and do enjoy it after growing up in the Fingers Lakes region on New York state. And a dip in the water is always an option when you live on the Gulf coast. Glad you stopped by The Hood! Please come back soon. Who knows what will be happening! Shirl

      Delete
  7. Beautiful table and your pics are fabulous! Food looks wonderful. Thanks for linking to Let's Dish and your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by The Hood Kathleen. And for the "A"!! This blog experience is quite new and very enjoyable . Finally a format to share all these pictures that I shoot! Come again soon. Hope to have something to share next week at your great party!

      Delete