Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cinco de Mayo…

 
Cinco De Mayo Blog Pixs
I haven’t made paper flowers in many, many years but thanks to a tutorial at Twigs and Toadstools, I was a little kid again.   Think I could have made paper peonies all day long!!
IMG_7043

IMG_7051
Cinco de Mayo always conjures up all the vibrant colors that I associate with Mexico and what better holiday to go all out!
IMG_7053

I love to use lime and navy blue together.  Add in some bright yellow and a splash of red and it is kindergarten all over again.  Like that brand new box of crayons spilling out for the first time.
IMG_7037
Found this great little guy in a tequila factory in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico about 15 years ago and thought he would love to be the guest of honor for our little fiesta.
IMG_7070
Much cuter than the real thing!
IMG_7089

IMG_7075
I was a flower making fool last week!
IMG_7058
Thanks to that wonderful man in my life there were some real live flowers too for our fiesta! Aren’t the colors just gorgeous!
IMG_7034


IMG_7097
Just love my FINS margarita glasses from Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville in New Orleans.  And the little fin is actually very useful to hold that perfect lime slice in your drink..whatever it may be.
IMG_7094
Dinner is served.  Once again, Chef Gar has outdone himself.  So glad that I married a man who loves to cook. 


Cochinita Pibil, Cuban Black Beans, and Yellow Rice. Yummy!!
IMG_7117

IMG_7123

IMG_7132


IMG_7114
I hope your fiesta was a wonderful one!
Till next time….Santé,
Shirley
 
Resources:
White Linen Tablecloth: Pottery Barn
Lime Green Placemats: Old Time Pottery
Yellow Napkins: World Market
Napkin Rings: Paper flowers; tutorial from Twigs and Toadstools
White Dinner Plates: CB2
Blue Salad Plates: Gourmet Basics by Mikasa, Old Time Pottery
Red Square Bowls: Food Network Whipping Cream, Old Time Pottery
Black Guacamole Bowls: Dollar Tree
Silverware: 1881 Rogers Stainless by Oneida, probably Kmart years ago
Blue Wine Glasses: Old Time Pottery
Blue Margarita Glasses:  Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville in New Orleans
Blue Glass Pitcher: Pier One Imports
Beaded Iguana Ceramic:  Huichol (pronounced Whee-chol) Indians of western Mexico
 
This week I’ll be sharing with:
The Tablescaper Seasonal Sundays
Between Naps on the Porch's Metamorphosis Monday
Southern Hospitality's Thrifty Treasures Monday
House in the Roses Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Boogie Board Cottage's Masterpiece Monday
Coastal Charm's Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
A Stroll Through Life's Tabletop Tuesday
Cozy Home Scene's Your Cozy Home Tuesday
Ivy and Elephants' What's It Wednesday
Faded Charm's White Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style's Wow Us Wednesday
Beach Cottage's Good Life Wednesday
Between Naps on the Porch's Tablescape Thursday
No Minimalist Here's Open House Thursday
Shabby Creek Cottage's Transformation Thursday
French Country Cottage's Feather Your Nest Friday
My Romantic Home's Show and Tell Friday
At the Picket Fence's Inspiration Friday
The Charm of the Home's Home Sweet Home Friday

5 comments:

  1. All your wonderful food is making me hungry, and I love your paper flowers. How creative to use them as napkin rings. You are always so talented to come up with such pretty tablescapes. Thanks for joining us at Your Cozy Home Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Shannon. I am trying to get GarMan to get back to his cooking blog so I can link the recipes to the tablescapes! Love Your Cozy Home Party. Thanks for hosting. Don't know how you have time to respond every week. Just getting the blog up is alot!

      Delete
  2. I love these bright colors -- perfect for Cinco de Mayo! And your paper peonies are gorgeous and make me want to try some myself! Your food looks marvelous, too. I agree -- husbands who love to cook are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The paper peonies were soooo easy! Love them too! Chef Gar is so wonderful!!! Wouldn't trade it for the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete